Thursday, March 21, 2013

Even More Anticipation Than Christmas.

The sleek white envelope 
came yesterday. 
When I saw it in the 
mailbox, I immediately 
ran it upstairs and stuffed 
it under my mattress 
because I wanted to 
open it right then. 
7:00 finally came. 
Friends gathered, 
and family viewed from 
various places 
thanks to the wonders  
of technology.

I was so nervous. 
I was nervous about 
my reaction. 
I was nervous about 
where I would be 
called to serve for 
18 months. 
I had no idea what 
to expect. 






I opened it up 
and read it 
line 
by 
line. 

Dear Sister Haynes, 
You are hearby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are called to labor in the...
Argentina Rosario Mission





 


I told myself I wasn't 
going to cry. 
But, when I started 
reading it,
How could I not?
I am called to spread the 
gospel to the people of 
ARGENTINA. 
I am stoked beyond 
belief. 
I know I am supposed
to go there. 
I feel so blessed to 
be able to serve the Lord. 



I guess this face has Argentina written 
all over it. :) 






2 comments:

  1. So excited for you Kenzie you will do so so great! Argentina is getting one great missionary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenz I was so excited when you told me...hope we can fit in one more get together before then!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete