Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 22, 2014

This week was super good!  We found a couple awesome people that have a ton of potential! I am super excited to see how it ends up with them! One day we were contacting in an area that is one of the sketchier parts. While we were there, we met a guy named Claudio. He is crazy and just wanted to talk about the states with us but, as we were walking out of the area he said. You are our friends now. If anyone tries to mess with you, i´ll just punch them! hahaha that was pretty funny! Also, as we were walking out of the area, I had my first
encounter with a scary dog! It started barking like nutso and then nipped at the Hermana sainbury...hahaha we started screaming like crazy. In the moment, I was so scared, but now, when I look back, its super funny. 

This week, we also went out to the little village of Valle Maria and brough all the other missionaries with us so that we could contact the WHOLE town! It was awesome and so much fun! 

Easter was awesome! Its always interesting, because in the states we sing Easter hymns like 2 weeks before Easter and the same with songs for Chrsitmas. But for here in Argentina, its really not like that...haha It was just a normal Sunday and regular talks...It made me a little sad that people weren´t focusing on the Savior a ton... In the afternoon me and Hermana Sainsbury made a super awesome lunch and then we left to go to a house of a Member to do an easter egg hunt with them! They dont do those kinds of things with Easter here, so it was super fun to show them how its done!!!!!!! I loved it! They had so much fun too! We shared a lesson before and then we let them hunt for the eggs! 

Also, this week I realized how catholic this place is haha. The week before Easter, the Catholics dont eat meat, only fish. So, we were in the grocery store on Friday getting some things for our lesson and the easter egg hunt, and then decided to buy some meat for our Sunday dinner. Man, the looks we got. hahahha we had about 3 dozen eggs and a package of meat. We werent the biggest fans in the grocery store that day...haha. 

News about transfers! I´m heading out of Parana`. I´m heading to a place called Esperanza. I dont know a ton about it, and my companion is a Latina so that should be fun! 

A steak we had last Monday!

All of us in Valle Maria

The view from the bus on our way home

 Decorating eggs for the Egg Hunt!



No comments:

Post a Comment