Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Happenings in Parana

April 7, 2014

Oh conference. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. It was quite the adventure here in Argentina. The first sesion was super good. They let us missionaries watch it in English so about 8 of us missionaries were squished into the bishops office watching it on the computer. It was awesome. The 2nd session: We had a investigator who was supposed to come. We took the taxi to her house and her dad came out and started yelling at us. That was fun...haha. It was a good thing Elder Hollands talk was just about 2 hours earlier.... :) haha. So because we didnt have an investogator there we went out and worked. 


Sunday Morning: we got to the church early and had lunch with the Elders. Then we got ready to watch conference. It started at one and the people who were in charge to start it up came at 1...haha and of course it wasnt working so they had to pull out the computer from the bishops office and watch it in the hall. It was such a cool thing to see. All the saints from the stake like sardines in a can listening to the words of the lord. It was hard for everyone to hear and to get the message, so us missionares decided to offer a prayer. We knelt in a circle and one of the elders offered one of the most heartfelt prayers I have ever heard. It was so powerful. The satelite continued to not work, but we had faith that god had heard us and that he would help us be able to hear to the word of the profet in a way that EVERYONE would be able to benefit and acyually hear. During the break of conferences we had a baptism of one of teh daugters of a member in the ward. As we were eating and talking, we heard the conference turn on, like the in between messages! GOD ANSWERED OUR PRAYERS!!!!!! The members were able to watch in an atmosphere where they could learn and feel the spirit. It was really good!!!


So, today we are going to watch the 2 sessions that we missed. 




April 14, 2014


This week was super good! We had Zone meeting on Tuesday and then ZOne Conference on Wednesday. They had asked everyone to prepare a talk on Dilligence and then they were going to pick a natvive who was trying to learn English give a talk in English and then someone who was trying to learn Spanish speak in Spanish. I was the lucky person chosen...haha it wasnt too bad and I´m getting over my fears of talking in front of people haha. 


There is a Less Active Family in our ward. When Hermana Telfer was here, we tried with working them and we could see their progress, then in time, they got busy and we honestly kind of forgot about them. WHen Hermana Sainsbury got here, we tried to see them, but just never made the time to do it because its like a 30 minute busride to get there. So, the other morning we both just felt like we needed to go and visit them. We got there and had a really good lesson with the Mom of the family. We closed with a prayer, and then were starting to be on our way, and she asked us if she could tell us something weird that happened. We told her yeah for sure, tell us! She told us that that morning she had been praying and asking God what he wanted her to do. She didnt know if she should keep trying to return to the church or just drop it all together. She asked him to just send her a sign. AND THEN WE SHOWED UP. I know that this is a typical missionary story, but it made me so grateful that me and Hermana Sainsbury were listening to the spirit. Also, I was able to see that god loves ALLLLL of his children. He sent us to answer her prayers. It was such a cool experience. 




Random Thoughts:

  • I am addicted to chocolate milk. Its so good. In the states I wasnt a huge fan, but now. WOW. Its heaven. The milk comes in bags here. Its kind of weird haha I just buy white milk and then pour in the mix. Its super good. I frink like 3 glasses a day.
  • I hit the middle of my mission this week. Its crazy. I kind of freaked out a bit, but then I really thought about it and I`m pleased with my work so far and I´m ready to take on another 9 months. 
  • I got stung by a bee for the first time in my life. That was exciting. My arm swoll up a bit, but I´m doing perfect right now. 
  • Where I write my e-mails is in an internet cafe, and it almost flooded becasue there is SOOOOOOO MUCH rain here!!!!!! 

This is the Escalada family! I love them so much! We have lunch with them every Friday! They are so awesome!!!!


Pictures of Evelyn and her baptism!!! WAHOOO!!!! 




sometimes we like to take pictures of oursleves when we are working :) 


My addiction....


The Mansilla Family that lives in Valle Maria. A little pueblo. 


Lovely ARGENTINA!!


We made an american sunday dinner! Meat, potatoes, carrots, and bread. SO AWESOME. 


Before


And After!

No comments:

Post a Comment